Catch all the shots as they happen in the final Pro rounds at the 2023 Vic Open. ADG and Disc Golf Victoria are trying something new to bring live coverage of the event to viewers everywhere on Tuesday 25th April. Live Streaming kicks off at 9am AEST with the FPO lead card followed at 12pm AEST with MPO. You can catch the action on our Facebook and YouTube channel. The stream will also be available to view after the event.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
ADG Awards Night
Join us in celebrating the 2022 ADG Tour champions
Tuesday 17th January 2023 at 8pm AEDT.
Zoom Meeting ID: 84759446048
TDs TAKING IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL IN 2022
Towards the end of 2021 ADG implemented a new structure for (ADG) sanctioned events, to meet the demands of the ongoing growth in our sport and to start a transition to a more mature competitions structure. Perhaps the biggest change for 2022 was the introduction of a single State Major, as each states’ pinnacle annual event. With this came a prestige step-up and additional player capacity requirements. The TDs rose to the challenge with capacity, organisation, communications and event presentation taken to (very) impressive new levels.
Here’s a shout out to the TD’s and Assistants for the six State Majors this year, each one a stand-out landmark event – we thank and applaud your amazing work:
– Tom Rugg for The Sizzler – ACT
– Matt Green for The Two Heads Open – TAS
– Patrick Thorpe and Matt Hill for The Vic Open – VIC
– Reece (and Keenan) Vellios for The Perth Open – WA
– Sharon and Kevin Costa for the NSW Open – NSW
– Michelle Schulz and Ryan Nicholson for Eruption 2022 – SA
And the TDs for the two Australian Disc Golf Championships events held this year. Years of planning and work was put it by these TDs and the large teams of volunteers – the ‘next level’ was smashed and we thank you.
– Patty Robinson and Andrew Ferguson – 2021 Australian Disc Golf Championships, Inverleigh – VIC
– Adam Lowe and Patrick Ferris Jr – 2022 Australian Disc Golf Championships – Tunnel Ridge Ranch, Landsborough – QLD
Let’s also celebrate the TDs that took-on more than one event his year.
– TD for one event and Assistant TD for one event – Charl Du Plessis, Matt Hill, Paul Noesen, Tom Rugg
– TD for two events – Aaron Moreton, David Heath, Jackson Adams, John Schlobohm, Johnathan ‘JJ’ Johnas, Matt Green, Patrick Thorpe, Patrick Willson, Phil Tweed.
– TD for two events and Assistant TD for one – Matthew Wallis Priit Koiv, Kevin Costa, Michelle Schulz, Ryan Nicholson, Ken Summers.
– TD for three events – Brett Chambers, Connor Donnelly, Jonathan Dragt, Sam Rubock
– TD for five events and Assistant TD for one – Jeff Brunsting
Last year ten new TDs were certified through the ADG Mentoring programme. Congratulations and thanks for stepping up to:
– Jordan Wheeler – WA
– Patrick Willson – WA
– Brian Clevenger – QLD
– Jason Vidot – QLD
– Sean Gottschling – TAS
– Nathan Thomas – QLD
– Janet Ford Adams – VIC
– Julie O’Donoghue – WA
– Leroy Sharrock-VIC
– Peter Barry – VIC
And extra special thanks to the experienced TDs who mentored them through the process.
And the many more TD’s and Assistant TDs who gave up their time this year to facilitate our competitive play, you are truly appreciated:
Oliver Mundy-Castle, Mike Spangenberg, Michael Van der Linden, Nathan Thomas, Brittini Ramsey, Jason Browne, Rhys Kruger, Scott Ryan, Lisa Wallis, Emilie Cameron, Sue Summers, Dale McFarlane, Hayden McPherson, Chris Hart, Andrew Stanley, Jason McCormick, Todd Chapman, Leroy Sharrock, Robert Lambert, Simon Tanner, Curtis King, Clayton Beck, Sam Ockerby, Allen Brunsting, Kairi Koobakene, Kris Kohout, Carey Edwards, Joseph Doran, Ashley Gabe, Chris Barr, Keron Redman, Peter Barry, Trent Pease, Wade O’Shannessy.
The work of the TDs for each event is varied and all-encompassing. From access permissions to marketing, merch, registrations, comms, admin, course prep and set-up, sponsorships, prizes, trophies, reporting and even catering! It’s a labour of love for sure, but a huge amount of work none-the-less, and we thank and applaud every one of you that has made an event, big or small, possible this year.
Don’t forget to thank your TD after each event, and maybe for 2023…..have a chat with an experienced TD about what it involves and have a think about whether you might be able to be Assistant TD or TD for an event in 2023?